The only adhesive we recommend to hang the Wallrock thermally efficient wall coverings. Its amazing strength and unique formulation using filler compounds helps repair cracked and damaged walls and ensure straight forward reliable application every time. Also recommended for our range of polystyrene insulation products and sound insulation products.
Products Suitable for Hanging
- High performance aqueous adhesive with fillers
- Thick, smooth, low splatter formula - roll or brush straight from tub
- High wet tack to hold while cutting and positioning
- High resin content for optimum adhesion to surface
- Allows walls to breathe and resists moisture
- Contains an inhibitor to prevent mould, yeast and fungal growth
- Thermal Liner KV600
- Thermal Liner
- Cosy Liner KV300
- Insulating Foil Composite
- PUR Sound Insulation
- Insulating Lining Paper
- Insulating Lining Graphite+
- Latex Sound Insulation
- Heatsaver Lining
This product is ready-mixed and ready to use, however some storage conditions may contribute to separation of water, visable on top of the product. This can be easily stirred into the bulk of the product without effecting the performance properties of the product. Despite stringent quality assurance procedures, defects may occur in exceptional cases from time to time. If a fault is found, please return any defective material to the place of purchase. Please see wallpaper roll labels for hanging instructions for each individual lining system.
Thermal Liner Adhesive can be used on most internal wall surfaces. The adhesive contains filler and can be used in conjunction with our wallcovering products to cover surface imperfections and textures. All surfaces should be firm, dry and clean, all loose material should be removed before the adhesive is applied. Major surface imperfections should also be filled and levelled in preparation. Drywall and other absorbent surfaces should be sized and completely left to dry for at least 4 hours before application of the adhesive.
How Much Do I Need?
Each adhesive container holds 10kg (22lb), sufficient for 1 roll of Thermal Liner KV600, 2 rolls of Thermal Liner or 3 rolls of Cosy Liner. Where the surface being covered is flat and in relatively good condition coverage will improve significantly by up to 25%. See guidance chart for other products.
The room temperature and that of the adhesive should not be less than 10°C/50°F. Please keep the adhesive sealed when not in use.
- Generously apply the adhesive directly to the wall using a deep pile roller, use more paste if the wall is textured or damaged.
- Apply adhesive to an area a little wider than for one length, this will ensure an adequate area is covered and make the next length easier to apply.
- In the areas which the roller cannot reach, such as corners, the paste should be applied with a spatula or brush.
- Each length of wallcovering should be butt jointed. Remove excess glue immediately with a damp cloth or sponge.
Drying time depends upon room temperature, humidity, thickness of the paste layer and surface absorbency but is normally complete after 24 hours. In some circumstances you may have to wait longer before any other wallcoverings are applied to the Thermal Liner. Check for adhesion before commencing any subsequent redecoration. The adhesive may be used to fill any small gaps at the seams, smooth down using sandpaper before decoration.
- Do not thin or add water to the adhesive.
- Contains fungicide and biocide to inhibit mould, yeast and bacteria. Keep away from children and animals. Wash hands thoroughly after use.
- Do not empty into drains or watercourses. Waste should be disposed of using authorised disposal routes and sites.