Wallrock Thermal Liner KV600
Thermal liner KV600 is the most effective member of the Wallrock Thermally Efficient Wallpaper range. Being 4mm in thickness and offered in a roll of 15m2, twice the coverage of standard Thermal Liner. KV600 offers very worthwhile energy savings, well in excess of the 15% standard Thermal Liner provides on typical solid brick external walls. Wallrock Thermal Liner KV600 works to save energy from the moment heating is turned on by slowing down the rate at which a cold walls soak up heat energy - and allowing the room to warm up considerably faster, in many cases more than halving warm up times, creating a comfortable room environment with less energy. This effect is valuable in any home with solid walls and even those with external or cavity insulation - especially where the heating is regularly turned on and off. Once the room is warmed up and comfortable, Thermal Liner KV600 goes on working producing steady energy savings.
Furthermore Thermal Liner has excellent capacity to cover and reinforce poor plaster and other surfaces such as plasterboard, blockwork and wood paneling. Thermal Liner KV600 also helps reduce condensation problems and in many cases eliminates them - as much more room warmth is retained at the wall surface at an earlier stage in the warm up phase there is far less opportunity for condensation to form on a cold wall and consequently a reduced risk of unhealthy mould growth. The surface of Thermal Liner KV600 is long lasting, durable and suitable for painting directly, although for a perfect finish we recommend cross lining with Wallrock Fibreliner (avoid the use of standard linings) which allows not only painting but the application of decorative wallpaper.
- paste the wall or the paper
- amazing strength
- smooths out imperfections
- excellent surface for paint or further decoration
- combats damp and mould formation
- reinforces walls and ceilings
- tough and durable
- allows walls to breathe
- contains no pvc
- uses paper from well managed sources
- energy saving trust listed
|Coverage||Roll Length||Roll Width|
Match Type: Free Match
Suitability: Walls & Ceilings
|Dimensions||100cm x 15m|
|Match Type||Free Match|
|Material||strong, reinforced lining backed with a 4mm insulating fleece|
|Suitability||Walls and Ceilings|
|Recommended Paste||Wallrock Thermal Liner Adhesive|
How to Apply-
1. Ensure that base surfaces are clean, dry, firm and free from any loose or flaking material. Wallrock Thermal Liner KV600 can also be applied in some circumstances directly over cracked and light to medium textured surfaces which are firmly adhered and stable - in such cases it is always advisable to cover a small test area before continuing.
2. Apply the Wallrock Thermal Liner Adhesive generously to the wall using a roller. Use a brush or spatula to apply adhesive to areas the roller cannot reach. On textured or damaged surfaces it is especially important to apply a generous layer of adhesive. Apply enough adhesive to apply one length of Wallrock Thermal Liner KV600 at a time ensuring the pasted area exceeds the width of the Wallrock Thermal Liner KV600.
3. Always apply Wallrock Thermal Liner KV600 with the smooth Wallrock face to the outside, furry side to the wall. Apply Wallrock Thermal Liner KV600 directly from the roll onto the wet adhesive and slide into place. Smooth out any bubbles with a roller or similar. Leave a small amount of surplus material for trimming where necessary.
4. Cut off any excess Wallrock Thermal Liner KV600 at the ceiling, floors and corners using a trimming knife with a hooked blade in combination with a forming board. Alternatively carefully mark the Wallrock Thermal Liner KV600 using a pencil and trim with scissors. On external corners a ‘corner profile’ can be used to give a neat finish or flexible filler can be used to caulk the exposed edge of the thermal liner - especially important if you intend to paint the thermal liner KV600 without applying Wallrock Fibreliner.
5. Allow at least 24 hours for drying, longer if conditions are especially humid or cold. Wherever possible we also recommend that the Wallrock Thermal Liner KV600 is allowed to dry out naturally and therefore the heating is turned off whilst the adhesive dries out. However if temperatures are likely to drop below 10°c/50°F it is advisable that low level heating is used to ensure that the adhesive can cure effectively.
6. If you do not intend to cover the product with fibreliner or similar then any small gaps at seams and corners can be filled and sanded prior to painting the surface directly with standard emulsion paint. Use a good quality, flexible non shrinking filler.
7. To create a superior finish for paint or printed wallpaper we recommend that the Thermal Liner KV600 is lined over with ‘Wallrock Fibreliner’, (this product is very strong and dimensionally stable and compliments the Thermal Liner perfectly). Other ‘Paste-The- Wall’ linings may be compatible but on no account should you line the product with a traditional lining as problems with lifting at seams may be encountered. NB; If applying a printed or textured wallpaper directly to the Thermal Liner KV600, fill any open seams and gaps first and ensure a ‘Paste The Wall’ product is used.
Every effort is made to ensure all rolls reach you in perfect condition, but faults can occur from time to time. Before hanging please check that each roll of Wallrock Thermal Liner KV600 is undamaged. Please retain all labels, we will require them if you have a problem. We recommend that after hanging no more than 2 lengths that the result is inspected before continuing. We cannot accept claims for consequential loss in respect of visible defects apparent prior to hanging. If a fault is found please return any defect roll/s with label/s to where it was purchased.
To minimise the hazard in the event of fire, do not apply wallcoverings over expanded polystyrene veneers and ensure the wallcoverings are always firmly stuck down as loose wallcoverings may contribute to the hazard. Surfaces painted prior to 1960 may contain lead pigments and special precautions should be taken when preparing these surfaces.